Have you ever been told not to have a black and white themed room for fear that it will look bland, empty, and cold? Well think again- this is a myth!
For a minimalistic and elegant room, with a warm, inviting, and fresh feeling, follow a few simple design tips…
1) Do not be afraid to add a little bit of colour to your black and white room.
2) Have decorations (cushions, throws etc) that are not block colours of black and white, but black and white patterns or lighter shades (beige, brown, cream, grey etc). A grey throw looks lovely against a white couch, or you can even add a splash of colour by draping a lovely lime green throw across your chair.
4) Having a rug goes a long way in regards to the aesthetic quality of your room. Rugs act as the centre of the space, around which your furniture can surround. Add a rustic red moroccan-inspired rug, or a faux sheepskin rug, to complete your space.
5) A plant in your room can also add just that bit of colour that a black and white room needs. The deep crisp green will give your room a fresh, bright appearance.
6) A piece of furniture in a different colour can also add some warmth to a black and white room. Add a deep blue or soft grey armchair to bring some more colour into the room.
7) As my final tip– I have found that when designing your room, you have to come from the heart. It might seem random to add a blue chair and a red rug to a black and white room, but adding different colours, shapes, and textures to your room will prevent your room from looking boring and allow you to add your unique flair!
Feel free to comment if you have any questions!
Images from Euro Style Lighting